[NCSA-jobs] Engineering Analyst I – GTRC
cncook001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 11:49:40 EST 2012
I have a F/T position for someone with a Basic to mid level knowledge of UNIX/Linux in RTP. If you have a Linux background, send me a quick email with your resume.
Engineering Analyst I – GTRC:
-Provide resolution of procedural, process, information and technical problems for requests from internal client base submitted by phone or automated means.
-Provide audit trail of all problems and resolution (input, monitor, action, close) through the use of required tools.
•Ability to also support Windows XP in an enterprise configuration and understand some of the difficulties an Engineer (UNIX/Linux user) is challenged with this type of setup.
-Assume ownership of problems from any internal client, and follow path of escalated contacts to insure the problems are resolved in timely and effective ways to the satisfaction of the requestor.
-Follow-up with clients and utilize case handling and closure policies to insure satisfaction.
-Identify systematic problems and/or recommend opportunities for improvement that will eliminate or reduce problems in the field.
-Act as advocates for the internal clients to insure their needs and concerns are addresses.
-Follow established procedures for call referral, escalation and problem resolution.
-Work cooperatively with other team members to resolve problems to the satisfaction of the administrators.
-Recommend modifications to existing procedures or new procedures that will improve the overall operation of the Help Desk Team.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Undergrad Degree (CS or EE a plus) or equivalent work experience.
2. Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux/Windows XP operating systems.
3. Able to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of engineering and non-engineering staff via phone, email, and/or IM.
4. Demonstrated ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues of varying complexity with minimal supervision.
5. Applies established solutions to solve known issues and assists in the development of solutions for new issues.
6. Able to manage crisis situations effectively.
7. Manage multiple, simultaneous projects and cases while maintaining predefined service levels and high customer satisfaction.
8. May require some weekend or after-hours work.
FTE: Generous base salary + benefits; Health, life, dental, disability insurance; Paid time off; 401K; Paid training.
STS International, Inc.
Phone: (925) 479-7928
Fax: (925) 479-7810
More information about the ncsa-jobs