[NCSA-jobs] sqlserver dba perm -nc
jim at pencom.com
Fri Sep 9 10:31:41 EDT 2011
I'm a recruiter with Pencom Systems, a nationwide technical search firm.
My client, based in Cary, NC is looking to hire a full time/permanent
This position will be responsible for the health, performance and
security of the MS SQL environment. This position requires strong hands
on skills. Candidate is expected to know T-SQL, log shipping,
mirroring, replication, point in time recovery, partitioning, DTS/SSIS,
large database best practices. Candidate should also be familiar with
SQL Server Reporting Services including SQL Analysis services. This
position requires a highly organized, self-disciplined candidate that
has strong analytical and technical skills. Must have the ability to
manage competing priorities and meet frequent deadlines. *
**Duties and Responsibilities:**
Lead SQL Server software installation, maintenance and
conversions. Perform logical database design and physical database
implementations. Develop and implement backup and recovery strategies.
Perform database security configuration and administration. Lead
performance monitoring, fine tuning of the system for optimal
performance, proactively planning, and managing all aspects of the database.
Plan and implement the synchronization of data across several
development, testing and production environments. Develop and enforce
organizational SQL standards and best practices. Performing technical
support for Internet/Intranet environments where applications are
communicating with Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 databases.
- 4+ years' experience in database administration
- SQL Server installation and maintenance
- T-SQL, SQL and scripting
- Experience in both OLAP and OLTP environments
- Backup and recovery point, clustering/mirroring/replication, log shipping
- Database design and modeling; as well as creation and tuning
- Stored Procedures/Triggers/Functions
- Strong knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Microsoft SRS Reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
*Education / Experience:*
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required or
- Require 9-14 years of experience in managing large number of databases
from multiple systems and locations.
Compensation includes salary and benefits package. If you or someone
you know is interested, email a resume for consideration.
More information about the ncsa-jobs